Happy G
otcha Day S!!! SIX years ago today, the most charming, beautiful, itty bitty soul was placed in my arms and heart forever. Oh my, she was as cute as a button. After the initial shock of being placed in this weird looking women's arms, she began to laugh
as my father played a, how many times will this strange man pick up the toy I throw on the floor game :) She was the only one laughing, and I mean belly laughing, in a conference room with many other babies crying. Nervous laughter? Probably, she still laughs when she is nervous, but it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard!





S has gone through many changes in the past year, the biggest, becoming a big sister! Having a little sister in theory sounded great! In reality...hmmm, I think she w
anted to rethink her position :) While in China S took on the nurturing role, as you see in the photo's. I knew she would. She is nurturing by nature whether it be her little sister, or the latest catch in her bug catcher. Not that I am comparing her little sister to a bug, just that S will give any living thing the same type of nurturing.....her dog, a bug, her
little sister :) It took us a long time to convince her that the bug actually prefers the great outdoors to her warm bedroom :) Anyway, once we got home it is like she slammed on the breaks and said Ahh Wooooo, back this bus up. Is she staying here forever? She is taking my attention, she is keeping me up at night, and then oh, when she keeps me up at night SHE gets to go sleep in Mama's room, she is getting presents and EVERYONE wants to see her. UH HELLO, What about ME?? We, and when I say we I mean all of my family and friends, showered S with attention so she would know that she simply is not replaceable. About a month after being home, overnight, she we
nt back to her natural nurturing self with Mei Mei. She is a great big sister and I mean that. Yes, she still gets upset with JT when she steals her crayons and proceeds to snap them in half. Yes, she still gets upset when JT opens her dresser drawers and empties out all of the contents. BUT, in between all those little toddler quirks, S showers her with love and affection. She loves to help her eat, get her dressed, chan
ge her diaper (and NO, I never ask her to, she wants to), play with her, help her brush her teeth, teach her things ect. The list goes on and on. If I correct JT in any way, and S thinks it's an injustice (which most of the time she thinks it is, KIDS UNITE) she will run to JT's defense and tell me why I should not have talked to her sister that way. I could just eat her up!

Six years ago, S amazed me at how quickly she adjusted to us after being taken away from everything she knows. Then to be placed with strangers she had never laid eye
s on, in a strange hotel, with a strange language, strange smells, and strange looks. Only to get on a plane for 22 hours to go to another strange place with more strange people! Six years later, she still amazes me. Six years from now, she will no doubt still be amazing me! We are so proud of her, we love you so much S!!!

otcha Day S!!! SIX years ago today, the most charming, beautiful, itty bitty soul was placed in my arms and heart forever. Oh my, she was as cute as a button. After the initial shock of being placed in this weird looking women's arms, she began to laugh
as my father played a, how many times will this strange man pick up the toy I throw on the floor game :) She was the only one laughing, and I mean belly laughing, in a conference room with many other babies crying. Nervous laughter? Probably, she still laughs when she is nervous, but it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard! The last six years with S have been fast, amazing, joyful, the best years of my life. I look into her all knowing seven year old eyes and think, Wow! How lucky am I? She is smart, funny, curious, inquisitive, talented, good hearted, extremely artistic, and simply beautiful inside and out. At seven she
can tote around quite the attitude when she wants. I just can't even imagine where she got that from :) S has tried many different things over the past
six years (some a couple of times) and found she does not care for ballet, tap, gymnastics, or Tae kwon do. She will tolerate swim lessons for her Mama, although I think she is finally enjoying them now. Her passion though is horses. (see previous post) She LOVES horses, everything about them and lives for her riding lesson each week.
S has gone through many changes in the past year, the biggest, becoming a big sister! Having a little sister in theory sounded great! In reality...hmmm, I think she w
Six years ago, I can only assume a very brave women in China was remembering the precious bundle she left on the steps of a busy hotel a year ago at five days old. We believe she did this in hopes that her little girl would have a good life with opportunity, education, and love. Like so many other women faced with the social challenges and laws of their society, she felt this would be her baby girls best shot at a good future. By leaving her in such a busy place, we can only assume she wanted her precious baby to be found quickly and given what she needed, perhaps things her birthmother could not have given her. And indeed she was found quickly by a police officier who took her to a place where she was loved and cared for until her forever family could come to bring her home. I am so thankful to this women I will never know. We think of her often and we hope she knows her dreams for her baby girl to be loved and part of a family have come true. S asked me one day what her birthmother looked like. I told her, we probably would never know for sure but I think she probably looks a lot like S. The same silky hair, the same sparkling eyes, and a beautiful smile.
Six years ago, S amazed me at how quickly she adjusted to us after being taken away from everything she knows. Then to be placed with strangers she had never laid eye
No comments:
Post a Comment