My agency has confirmed that I can switch from NSN (non speical need) to SN (special need)! I had to fill out a medical checklist of what special needs I felt I could handle. After way to much time spent on the Internet researching, meeting with DD #1' pediatrician, and taking many things into consideration, most importantly DD #1, I completed the check list and sent it to my agency on Tuesday June 19th. This check list gives them an idea of what types of special needs I can handle.
What happens next? Come on, just one guess..........give up? We wait. Each agency handles how the SN children are matched with families differently. Some post every list they receive from CCAA for all of their clients to view. Should a family be interested, they let their agency know. If more than one family is interested, the agency decides which family is the best match for the child.
My agency does it a bit differently. When they receive a list of special needs children, they match a child to a family that is able to best care for them and the child's special need. So, my agency knows what special needs I can handle. Should a child become available that fits our family, the childs profile will be sent to me for review. I will then frantically meet with DD #1 pediatrician and any specialists I may need to consult with. I can accept or deny (can't see this happening) the child. Then, more paperwork and waiting. But the current time frame for a SN adoption is about 4-6 months from acceptance to travel. So, still much shorter that the current anticipated 3 year wait for a NSN child.
If we are meant to bring a SN child home, she is most likely already born and in an orphanage in China waiting for us. We trust what is meant to happen, will happen. I have no doubt Uncle (my brother who passed away in 1999) is watching over this whole process and knows exactly what will happen. And I trust, he knows what is best for us and will see to it that it all goes as plans.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment